What do you expect when you buy a brand new Apple iPhone even when it’s not the newest model? Well, in my case I was expecting new features, a really good camera and sharing a lot of experiences with it, no matter if I were with some friends, my family or by myself. I bought the Iphone 6s pink gold 32Gb in an At&t distributor. I have had my phone for over 6 months and the main reason why I chose it is because I love it when I saw it. And because I have never liked the big smartphones like the plus version.
BATTERY LIFE & CHARGING
Thinking real deeply in this point the charger always take too long for charging the 100% of the battery, it takes like four or more hours to complete it. The battery life should last at least 8h while the device is on use but it certainly only last like 4h. And it lasts less when I’m on a phone call or using apps like Youtube or even Snapchat. I have been thinking lately that I should buy a portable charger because I use a lot my iPhone 6s and it is really annoying to carry my charger everywhere I go and sometimes the battery gets empty and if don’t carry the charger I am forced to be without smartphone the rest of the day until I can charge it.
PERFORMANCE & DESIGN
As I mentioned before, I love the Iphone’s design especially the pink color. About the usability, I must say that the device is absolutely light which is great because I always travel light everywhere. Also, I love the fingerprint function in the main button it makes easier to unlock the smartphone and use it. A detail about the phone is that I like the functionality I mean that I can use 5 or more apps and safari in parallel time and every one of them will be working really well. Although sometimes the apps stop and close themselves like Snapchat but I can enjoy working on the phone.
STRENGTH & DURABILITY
Just like everybody, I have thrown my iPhone for accident and it has been really dramatic. However, every single time it has fallen away from me it has always survived with som few scratches and nothing more. Perhaps could be due to the protector it has or because it has a good strength. Tough I have never sent the phone back for repairs it’s not the first Apple product I bought, so I’m pretty sure that if I ever have any trouble with my phone it could be easily repaired. I can remember once, I was going to Mexico city and when I left the car I didn’t found my phone so, when I check out my purse it felt to the ground with the screen on the floor and I thought it has broken but I picked it up and it was fine. Sincerely I surprised myself.
For me, some of the best features on the iPhone 6s are the following:
- Screen sized. One of the best features in the iPhone 6s is that the screen is bigger than regular with 4.7″
- As I’m a photography fan I gotta say that another perfect feature in the 12MP camera that allows me to take awesome pictures wherever I am, no matter the environmental light thanks to the Backside illumination sensor, and also other technology such as Photos with stabilisation, Face detection, True Tone flash, Exposure control, Noise reduction, auto HDR for photos, Panorama (up to 63 megapixels), Burst mode, Timer mode and Photo geotagging make pretty cute the photo shooting and video recording.
- Another element I considered in the iPhone 6s is the FaceTime HD camera with 5-megapixel photos. Is very practical when you need to have video conferences or just talking with a friend.
- I also need to mention the fingerprint sensor built into the Home button which makes easier the access to the device.
- The technology in the iOS 10 is another great feature and one of the main examples of this is the new characteristics in iMesagges.
- Finally, I must add to the list the pay with the iPhone using Touch ID in stores, within apps, and on the web. A specific feature that solves the problem about IDs and passwords. Useful for every purchase.
It is difficult to describe the worst features of an iPhone but I believe that no matter how great can something looks like there is always a bad thing hidden somewhere. But certainly, the worst features in this context can always turn into great opportunities.
In my experience with the iPhone, I am really disappointed because regardless the technology it seems that the performance will always have a cost. In this case, I am referring to the battery life that I explained already in this article. Probably the Apple engineers always try to get some new features and improve what is already in there but they always forgot to develop a last longer battery. Even though in the spots and specifications they always mentioned that the battery lasts 10 hours in talk time, eleven hours on Wi-Fi and even 50 hours of audio playback, but the reality is that the battery just does not last enough as a user would like. I’m not saying that is a missing case on the phone having this short term battery because there are always some user’s settings that can provide much more durability. But the point is that compared with other smartphones the iPhone leaves some blanks in the costumer’s wish.
I must say that this is not my first iPhone but answering to my initial question, I was waiting for a little bit more of my smartphone. But anyway, every person has a different point of view and this is mine. Maybe we all always buy this kind of phones because they give us some prestige and recognizing and they do indeed. I get happy with the camera 100% and if you’re looking for a great piece of technology for carrying in your pocket, this surely is your option. I have had some great remarkable experiences with my device and that is something I would not change. I do love everything about my smartphone; the good and the bad. It has made my life much easier talking about organizing the University or the job tasks. Tell us about your overall experiences and feeling for the device… do you love it, or hate it? How has it affected your life? Any stories about the device?
In conclusion, the iPhone 6s has worth it price in all the time that I have own it because it is a singular useful phone or more than a smartphone I could say in every part of it; Hardware, iOS, and Accessories.